Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017


2016 has not been the best year ever, let's be honest. There's been better years in the world of Politics, but I'm not going to dwell on that. Despite the obvious negatives, I would say 2016 has been a pretty good year, of course it's had its lows, but I've also had some great times and memories in the past year. I thought I'd pick out a few things that have stuck out this year for me, so we can focus on the positives of 2016.


Amsterdam

Amsterdam was, quite frankly, one of the best holidays I've ever been on. I absolutely loved it there. Everywhere was just so beautiful, even in the cold month of February, and there was always something going on. There's so much to do in just one place and I could easily go back again and again and still find something different to do every time. I would love to go back to Amsterdam, even just to wander around the beautiful lanes. I would 10/10 recommend you go if you're planning a holiday, even if it's just for a few days.


Summer Holiday

Last year, my family and our family friends went to France in the Summer. It was one of those holidays were you just relax. Two of us had just finished our GCSEs and the rest of us were just exhausted from the school year we'd just had, so we decided to do not very much. It was so nice just to sit and soak in the views or go in the pool. Of course we did a bit of sight seeing, it's impossible not to, and the places we visited were lovely. We've just booked our holiday for next summer and I'm so excited.

GCSE Results Day

I thought I'd put this in here just because I feel like what I got is an achievement for me. I don't want to brag about my results, that's not what this is for, it's just because I'm proud of myself for doing what I did. I went through a lot during the GCSE period and to come out with the grades I did was just insane for me, and I couldn't be happier.

Reading Festival

I only went to Reading for the Sunday, but I got to see Fall out Boy live and it was actually insane. I've loved them for so long, it was kind of crazy to see them live. There were so many other bands that were amazing too, but Fall Out Boy stood out for me. I would love to go for a whole weekend at some point, I think it would be so much fun with a group of friends.



The 1975 and You Me At Six

Me and my friend Lottie went to two concerts at the end of this year. You Me at Six was first in October
and it was so good. It was a small venue and we were standing, which I think just made the experience so much better. Josh Franceschi has such a good voice and the band are so good live. Then, a few weeks ago, we travelled down to the O2 to see the 1975, and let me tell you were they amazing. Honestly, they were brilliant live. The support group, Japanese House, were also pretty good. If you ever have the chance to see The 1975 live you 100% should. Not only was the music so good but the visuals were insane. An all round amazing experience.

I hope you had a good 2016, and that your 2017 is even better.
What are your favourite moments of 2016?

Thanks,
Alice x

Comments

Popular Posts