Night Runner - book review


The day before we went on holiday I was packing my travel bag that I would have with me in the car and in the hotel, and I realised I had no books to read. It sound impossible but I'd recently bought a few books and I'd finished them all, and despite my bookshelf being full, there's nothing I fancied reading that I hadn't read before. My mum offered to take me on a quick trip to the library to get some books, I think she sympathised with me because she loves reading more than I do!

I picked out 5 books, 2 of which I've already read (both were brilliant), they mainly revolve around real life drama/action or books with that John Green vibe (you know what I mean). The two I've read are real life drama/action and I've got to say it's been impossible to put them down. 'Night Runner' was the first book I read, and I'm not going to lie, I did originally pick this up because of the front cover.

Zinny's life is falling apart. Shadowy figures are following him. His parents are keeping secrets but he can't figure out why. Then his mum ends up in hospital, his dad disappears, and Zinny has to do whatever he can to save his family, even if it means helping the men he's been running from. As the clock ticks Zinny knows it's only a matter of time before someone ends up dead - and it could be him.

The book follows the main character Zinny who, not only has issues with his parents, but also has a difficult school life due to Spink, who's been bullying him. The book follows him as he tries to figure out what's been going on with the recent robberies and crimes that seem to be affecting him and his parents. He manages to get himself involved with the people behind these happenings and he becomes close to the most unexpected people.

I thoroughly enjoyed the book, I don't know whether that's because of the plot or the characters or the fact that you discovered what was happening whilst the main character did (probably all of that), but it was a brilliant book. I know it's not everyones cup of tea, but if you enjoy anything relating to real life home issues or mystery/action (I'm not entirely sure how to describe it), I would really recommend this book. Last but not least, this book ended with what seems to be a happy ending, I'm a sucker for happy endings. I hate it when books ends with vague endings that don't tell clear up what happened throughout the book, it just leaves me wanting to know what happened, and obviously I'l never know, but luckily this book didn't end like that.

I might share my thoughts on some of the other books I've read, or maybe even write a post on the books I've brought on holiday with me, but I hope some of you go out and read this book because it really is worth the read.

What books have you recently read?
Have you been on holiday? Where to?

Thanks, Alice Rose x

Bloglovin' // Google+ // Pinterest // Instagram

Comments

  1. Hey i love your blog!! Any chance you could check mine out? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love happy endings as well! I hate it when I read a book and I get emotionally invested in the characters and they go through so much just to have a sad ending!x
    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's literally me, it doesn't seem fair when that happens!
      Alice x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you

Popular Posts