The French Exchange











Sorry for the bad quality pictures, I only took my phone with me.

A few weeks ago, I went on the second leg of my french exchange. I'm not going to lie, I was scared. Meeting new people is already not one of my strong points but it's worse when you're going to be living with them for 1 week and they speak a different language, but I really enjoyed it. The week was planned out that we would either do activities or go to school on the school days, but stay with our families on the weekend and the Monday. I was initially quite worried about the extended weekend with our families but it was actually really enjoyable.

The first activity we did was on the day after we arrived. We looked around their local town and got to have a long relaxed lunch in the sun. Their town was so pretty and the first four pictures (after the first one) are of it. In the evening, we went to watch a play that the exchanges had written all by themselves in both English and French, and it was so good. I wish I was as good as french as they are at English.

Over the weekend we made cupcakes, visited a market, went on a sleepover and met up with some friends. It wasn't too busy which was good, but I still had enough to do to fill the day. The only thing is though, they eat very late compared to when we do. I did get quite hungry but I wasn't starving haha. 

Tuesday was probably the best day out of the whole week. We visited 'Dune du Pylat' and it was incredible. It is basically a massive sand dune that you can walk up, run down and sit on. We went on a beautifully sunny day and let me tell you, there's nothing better than running down a massive pile of sand with the wind in your hair and with your friends on a sunny day. 

On Wednesday we went into school with them, but they only had a half day which gave us the rest of the day to ourselves. We went to a shopping centre which allowed me to spend a bit of the money I had left.

Sadly, Thursday was the day to leave and there was a lot of tears. It's kind of weird living with someone for two weeks and never seeing them again and the thought of it just makes me sad. After we'd said our goodbyes and tissues were passed round, we went on a trip to Bordeaux before catching our plane. Bordeaux could quite honestly be one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen. I loved it so much that I'm hoping to go back soon.

All in all it was a great week away, and if you're ever given the opportunity definitely go on a French Exchange.

Have you been on a French Exchange?
Where have you been recently?

Thanks, Alice Rose x

Comments

  1. Going on an exchange trip seems like the funnest thing ever to me! All of your pictures are so pretty as well ah it looks like you had such a great time!:)x
    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have loads of fun! You should definitely go on one. Thank you :)
      Alice x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you

Popular Posts