ROWYSO Tour 13/06/2015











Sorry for the terrible quality photographs, I only had my phone to take pictures on. Credit to my friend Alice who also took some of these pictures.

On Saturday, after waiting around a year after we bought the tickets, I went to see 5 Seconds Of Summer live. 5SOS are one of my favourite bands not only due to their music, but they also seem like lovely guys who really enjoy and love what they're doing. If you haven't listened to them, which I'd be surprised if you hadn't (they're amazing), I strongly suggest you do.

We had brilliant seats in the arena, right next to the stage and at the back of the tiered seating at the top of the stairs, which meant that no one was directly in front of us blocking our view. It also gave us loads of room to dance. Before 5SOS came on, their support act, Hey Violet, played roughly a half an hour set. I don't know what it is was, but one of the friends I was going with and I went absolutely crazy during their set, maybe it just because of how excited we were for 5SOS! Anyhow, they weren't actually that bad, it just seemed really shouted when they sung, but that could just be the genre of music they play. They also did a cover of Bad Blood by Taylor Swift which really got the crowd going.

I can't even begin to describe how amazing 5SOS were. I'm not kidding. I know I'm probably bias due to how much I love them, but seriously, they were insane. They came on and I don't think I've ever heard so many screams (admittedly also my own). They started off with End Up Here, instantly followed by two other songs, they really got the crowd going. We were on Michael's side and he really did make the show. He was a brilliant showman who really pushed the crowd and got us to dance and sing along even more. Luke was beautiful as always and his singing voice, which usually makes me melt on recordings, is so much better live, especially when he sang the beginning of Long Way Home alone. So beautiful. Ashton and Calum were brilliant as they always are, Ashton with his drumming skills and Calum by jumping around on stage to get the crowd going. I danced and jumped so much throughout their performance that I got a stitch, that's probably not a good thing but still.

Despite how highly I'm talking of the band itself (which I should be as they were amazing), I have to mention how bad the health and safety and pyrotechnics were. When we reached the end of the last song before the encore, everyone had so much energy, including the band members. They had fireworks in their last song and near the very end, Michael ran up towards the front of the stage and got hit in the face by a flame from the firework. He had to run off stage due to how badly he'd been hit in the face, his hair was literally smoking. The others quickly ended the song and went off stage. It ended up being that Michael nearly lost his eyesight. It was just so upsetting to see Michael, who had been incredible throughout the performance get hurt so badly. We didn't have the encore in the end due to his injuries, but I really didn't mind, I was just praying that Michael was okay! It turns out he is okay (phew) and he managed to play their last show on Sunday night, but everything was very dramatic and kind of heart breaking when he got hit.

I don't want to end this post on an upsetting note so I'll say again just how incredible 5SOS were, and if you like them, it's worth going to see them live. It could quite honestly have been one of the best nights of my life.

Do you like 5SOS?
What bands have you seen live?

Thanks, Alice Rose x

Bloglovin' // Google+ // Pinterest // Instagram

Comments

Popular Posts